Monday, September 8, 2014

Blog Hop Nomination


I was nominated to take part in the Creative Blog Hop by my friend Darcy Schroeder.  Darcy is a caring and sweet crafter that I met online about a year or so ago through the website The Outlawz it. She goes above and beyond to be friendly to all that she speaks to.  I had back surgery and she was right there to encourage me when I was down and concerned  about the outcome.  She has been a friend ever since we have a lot in common, including crafting together some day when her hubby retires and moves to Fl. 




The Creative Blog Hop happens every Monday and hops from crafter to crafter.





We all answer the same questions and nominate 3 people to hop on to so here goes:







1.   What am I working on?



 I am on two design teams at the moment one is Tuesday Throwdown and the second is Imagine that which is a progressive challenge.  I love to do cards and my passion is coloring.  I am taking a coloring class with Kit and Clowder at the moment and I have learned so much and even I can see my improvement in my coloring.


2.  How does my work differ from others of my genre?

I think I have my own style it isn't to fussy or to clean and simple but I do occasionally make one that is.  I like the vintage style as well.  I see others that I think are just beautiful but it isn't in me to do that kind of work.  I love the bling and different techniques out there and love to try them.  I do that a lot and it doesn't always end up on a card. I tend to be drawn to the digi stamps rather then the rubber or acrylic stamps. 




3. Why do I write/create what I do?
I love the creative outlet that I get. I've always loved crafting. I learned to sew when I was 10 and that was the start of my crafting.  I wanted to see what I could make with my knowledge so I have done most all crafts at one time or the other.  I love my Copic markers and I am finding that they are indeed additive I want them all!! I probably spend every day or at least part of every day crafting something.  I am retired and no kids close so I can color or do what ever at any time I please.  And I do love to color.


4. How does my creation process work?

My creative process?  Well I find the image I want to color or go to some that are already colored and then decide what I want to do with the card.  If it is already colored then I will go to the papers and pick what I think looks good with what I have.  A lot of people do the papers first but that isn't me.  I have a great deal of paper so I normally pick my colors from what I have colored.  I also use a lot of digi papers as well so I never run out.   The image seems to "talk  " to me if you will as to what it wants to be colored like.  Then I lay it all out on my table and decide what I want to do with the background and also the embellishments too.  If I want flowers then I will lay those out on the card before I glue anything down to see how they look. Once I get it all laid out then I start to assemble it.

For me this works. 

                                                                                      





  Now its time to nominate 3 people for the Blog Hop.

I have to nominate 3 people with blogs.

Its been so difficult to choose as I know so many

wonderful crafters.




So here is my choice of three crafters:-






NanaConnie and I started talking to each other on the Outlawz and she is the one that ask me to be a Design Team member for Tuesday Throwdown.  I can't say that I know a lot about her but I do know she is a great lady and very encouraging as well.  She is a very talented lady as well and I love to go to her blog and see what she has to offer to the crafters. 







2. Berni Cuttino http://berni46.blogspot.com/




I met Berni on the Outlawz as well.  I did spend a lot of time on that site when I first started to do the challenges so that is where I met most of the people that I consider friends on here.  Berni is a great lady she loves to craft as much as we all do.  She has some great creative crafting skills. She is also on the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge A team.

Jackie Cornfield  http://getthejclook.blogspot.co.uk/
I met Jackie on facebook and have watched her work there for a while.  She is a wonderful crafter and a very friendly lady.  She will answer any question you have and if she doesn't know she will find out for you.  I enjoy talking to Jackie and watching her crafts as she posts them.  Check out her blog and you will see some great cards.  She is very talented. 
I really don't know why all the type on here is different sizes so please excuse that.  Good ole blogger could be at it again. I have tried several times to change it all but it still stays as it is so I will just leave it.
 I sure hope you will go check out these ladies blogs and become a member and follow along with some really great talent. 





Well now you have read my words you can go and enjoy our Blog Hop

with three wonderful crafters...


3 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! Thanks for the nice words about me. Yes, we will have fun crafting together someday!!! I'm so glad you are my friend!!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I just learned more about you from this post. Your a very talented and creative Gal. Glad we are friends. Great choices on the blogs too.

    Hugs
    Chris B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments you left on my blog.The flower punch board is by We R memory keepers.And it was fun reading about you.Our creative process works so similarly.I too choose the papers and embellies based on the image if I am using one!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for looking at my craft world and would love to hear your comments on my work. So please leave me some love.

 This is my image for the blog over at My Scrapbook place.  Come and join us for some fun.  You can find the blog here: https://yourscrapboo...