Friday, March 28, 2014

White washing

Hi there everyone!!  I wanted to post this card for you all to see.  It is my first attempt at White washing.  I found one similar to this on UTube and wanted to try it.  So I got out my supplies and went to work.  I didn't have a stamp that would be good for this so Off to Michaels I went and found this one.  I really like it but was looking for a Rose to use.  I first used the embossing buddy on it then stamped the image with Martha Stewart embossing stamp medium.  The I used Stampendous white embossing powder.   Once I used my heat gun to melt it I got out my Tim Holtz white marker and put some on my water pen and covered the entire image.  Then I got some of the distress inks from Tim Holtz and used those on the pink and the honey colored center.  I used a darker green on the stems even tho you can't see it all that well.  I wanted a clean and simple card so just put some black gems on the corners and mounted the kraft paper to black and then to a white base card.  I found that I liked the look so well I did a number of them and used different papers to experiment an some I liked an some I didn't.  But all in all I had fun and learned a lot from those experiments and the most important thing I learned it is looks best on the kraft paper.  So there you are my Whitewashed card. I hope you will take some time and experiment as well.  Happy Crafting all.

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous job with the White Washing Linda. Turned out so pretty. hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for looking at my craft world and would love to hear your comments on my work. So please leave me some love.

 This is my image for the blog over at My Scrapbook place.  Come and join us for some fun.  You can find the blog here: https://yourscrapboo...